Once your babe is able to gum a texture similar to soft pancakes, these make a great breakfast or snack! Many babies are ready for this texture before 10 months, but you know your baby best. Serve with a side of fruit at the texture your babe can tolerate.
20Makes about 20 small pancakes
What you’ll need
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) plain full fat yogurt
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk*
- 1 egg**
- Butter or oil for cooking
*This small amount of cow’s milk is safe before 1 year if your baby doesn’t have a milk allergy. If they do, use a plant-based milk.
**If your baby has an egg allergy, replace the egg with 2 to 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce.
How to make it
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, and egg.
- Combine yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients and mix. Batter will be a bit thick.
- Heat a small amount of butter or oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Place a few tablespoons of the mixture in the pan, cook until bubbles appear, and then flip. Cook until golden brown. Repeat.
- Freeze the remaining pancakes, and enjoy for a quick meal or snack in the future.
If your baby suffers from allergies, check with your pediatrician before trying these recipes.