Don’t forget about baby’s dinner on your favorite meal night of the week – Taco Tuesday! This flavorful meal is filled with your favorite taco flavors, served in a way your little ones will be be able to eat easily.
6Makes 6 small servings
What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 pepper, chopped into strips
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add in the turkey and cook until browned, stirring every couple of minutes to break up the bigger meat chunks.
- Add in the beans, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and water and stir until combined. Turn down heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon turkey and bean mixture onto a baby-friendly plate and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Serve with avocado chunks, pepper strips and tomato chunks or any of your favorite taco toppings.
For an adult version – serve the same ingredients inside of your favorite taco shell and top with salsa and freshly chopped cilantro.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode