This version of the classic dish is filled with your favorite rice, a mix of veggies and a scrambled egg for protein. You can use whichever veggies your little one prefers to make this dish an instant classic in your home.
6Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup servings)
What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mix of chopped vegetables, fresh or frozen
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cooked rice (jasmine, brown or riced cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
How to make it
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, add in the oil. Add in the vegetables and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Turn the heat to low, and push the vegetables to the side of the skillet. Crack the egg directly into the skillet and scramble for 3-4 minutes. Mix the egg pieces in with the vegetables.
- Add in the cooked rice, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), and sesame oil and mix until incorporated.
- Let cool slightly. Cut any vegetables into pea size pieces before serving to your little one.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode