This lumpier spread is perfect for those babies advancing from purees. You can even serve this blend of carrots and chickpeas on “finger toast” for those that can chew well.
4Makes 4 servings
What you’ll need
- 1 medium carrot
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5-6 leaves of cilantro
- 2 slices whole grain toast
How to make it
- Place carrot in a steamer basket on stove-top and cook until you can pierce with a fork.
- While cooking carrot, drain and rinse chickpeas from can.
- Place the carrot, chickpeas, olive oil and cilantro leaves into a food processor and blend for about 30-45 seconds.
- If your baby is older and can chew well, spread onto ‘finger toast’*. Otherwise, spoon-feed to your baby.
*To make finger toast: Toast whole grain bread and slice into long strips.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor