This meal is perfect for those advancing from purees. The creaminess of the avocado mixed with diced chicken is sure to be a favorite! You can store leftover chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, mix with ripe avocado and have a meal ready in minutes!
What you’ll need
- ¼ cup chopped (cooked) chicken
- ¼ cup avocado
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1-2 slices whole grain bread or pita
Makes 2-4 servings
How to make it
- Finely dice cooked chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ¼ cup of an avocado (with a small squeeze of lemon) with the diced chicken.
- Toast whole grain bread and slice into long strips like “finger toast”.
- Serve chicken and avocado on toast or spoon-feed baby.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor