Organic infant formula & feeding support
Mexican Sweet Potato Boats
- Makes 6 servings (1/2 sweet potato per serving), 6
What you'll need
3 cooked small whole sweet potatoes
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup corn
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
How to make it
- Warm the sweet potatoes in the microwave or in a 350°F oven.
- In a medium skillet, add in the black beans, corn, paprika, garlic powder and cumin and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half. Use a spoon to scrap the sweet potato away from the skin and cut or smash the sweet potato into small chunks, being careful not to cut the peel.
- Add 1/4 cup of the bean and corn mixture on top of the sweet potato.
- Sprinkle the avocado, tomatoes, cheese and cilantro on top and serve.
- You can also serve this same meal but without the sweet potato skin, which can sometimes be confusing for babies and toddlers. Simply discard the skin and put the sweet potato and toppings on a plate or in a bowl.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.