Organic infant formula & feeding support
Baked Seasoned Tofu
- Makes 6 servings, 6
What you'll need
1 block extra-firm tofu
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
How to make it
- To get the tofu crispy, you have to drain any excess water from it. To drain: slice the block of tofu horizontally into 2 or 3 even slabs and place tofu slabs on top of a stack of paper towels, with paper towels between each layer and on top of the top slab of tofu. Place a weight on top of the stack of tofu (books, cast iron skillet, cans, etc) and let the tofu drain for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the drained tofu into cubes, strips or triangles and place into a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to coat. Then sprinkle with the arrowroot powder and the remaining spices and gently toss to coat.
- Place tofu onto baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through baking time.
Serving Suggestion– these bite-size tofu chunks are great served warm along with your child’s favorite veggie or fruit for a tasty protein packed finger food snack. Tip: cut pieces in half to make sure the middle isn’t too hot for your baby’s sensitive mouth.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.