Organic infant formula & feeding support
Baby’s First Bolognese
- Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup per serving), 6
What you'll need
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground beef, turkey, chicken or pork
1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1/3 cup zucchini, finely chopped
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Your choice of pasta
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add in the onion and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent, stirring often.
- Add in the ground meat and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in the carrot and zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil and oregano and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta of your choice: whole grain, gluten-free, lentil, chickpea, spaghetti squash, brown rice or even zucchini noodles.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.