Sheet pan pancakes are made for parents who love to make homemade pancakes but don’t love all the time standing around the stove. These fluffy, whole grain pancakes can be prepped in under 5 minutes before popping them into the oven where they finish off baking. You can top them with blueberries or any fruit your family prefers – sliced strawberries, raspberries or sliced bananas.
15Makes 15 servings
What you’ll need
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 10×15 sheet pan or 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the pancake batter onto the sheet pan and sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until just browned. Let cool slightly and then cut into bars.
Freezer-Friendly – if you have any extras, you can place the cut pancakes into a freezer safe baggie and freeze. To reheat, simply microwave in 20 second increments until just warm.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode