This blend of ancient and whole grains can be topped with homemade apple butter, fruit compote or any fruit puree! Grind grains to appropriate consistency/texture and serve up this tasty breakfast to your baby or tot.
What you’ll need
- ¼ cup quinoa (uncooked)
- ¼ cup brown rice (uncooked)
- ¼ cup barley (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
How to make it
- Grind grains using a coffee grinder until a fine powder and place in an airtight container for later use.
- Mix 1 cup water with ¼ cup of the fine cereal powder in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in breastmilk or formula (optional).
- Serve with homemade apple-strawberry butter or other fruit puree (optional).
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor