Your toddler will flip-out with excitement when you serve him his lunch on-a-stick! This easy lunch is made with leftover tortellini and any chopped veggies your toddler prefers.
2Makes 2 servings
What you’ll need
- 1/2 cup whole grain tortellini, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 6-8 wooden skewers
How to make it
- Cut cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and black olives (or whatever veggies your tot prefers) in half, if needed.
- Take a wooden skewer and thread on all the ingredients in any order you prefer.
- Heat the marinara sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds or in a small pot on the stove.
- Pour the dipping sauce in a kid-friendly bowl to serve along with the tortellini sticks.
Wooden Skewer – you can use any wooden skewer you have on hand, but make sure to cut the pointy end off before serving. Wooden coffee stirrers work well too.
Time-Saving Tip – use leftover tortellini in this recipe to save on prep-time.
Veggie Tip – feel free to use any veggies that your toddler loves in this recipe – chunks of peppers, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, etc.
12 + Months
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode