These fluffy waffles (made with spinach!) can be devoured the minute you make them, or freeze and reheat for those hectic mornings you want a fast breakfast for your toddler.
16Makes 16 small waffles
What you’ll need
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed spinach
How to make it
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a blender, add in the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, vanilla extract and spinach. Blend for 1 minute on medium speed or until the spinach is completely blended.
- Add the spinach mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour waffle mixture onto waffle iron in 1/4 cup increments.
Freezer-Friendly – place any leftovers in a freezer baggie and freeze. To reheat, take waffle out of freezer baggie, place waffle in toaster and toast until warm.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode