An easy and playful way to serve hummus and carrots,these roll-ups are great when on-the-go – for all of those park playdates, outdoor adventures or school lunches.
6Makes 6 roll-ups
What you’ll need
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoons hummus, plain
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3-4 slices of turkey deli meat
How to make it
- Place the tortilla on a cutting board.
- Spread the hummus over the entire surface of the tortilla.
- On the bottom 2/3 of the tortilla, sprinkle the carrots. Pat down to make them stick in the hummus.
- Lay the turkey deli meat over the carrots, but avoid the top 1/3 of the tortilla.
- Starting with the bottom of the tortilla, with the carrots and turkey, tightly roll the tortilla all the way to the top. The top 1/3 section of hummus will act like glue to help the tortilla stay in place.
- Cut in 1-inch sections.
To make into an adult meal – add a huge handful of kale or spinach on top of the turkey before rolling.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode