A warm and filling breakfast for baby made with quinoa, chopped strawberries and a pinch of cinnamon and vanilla. Can be served whole or blended into a chunky or smooth puree.
4Makes 4 small servings
What you’ll need
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup liquid (water, breast milk or prepared formula)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, add in the quinoa and liquid.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then turn down heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in the strawberries, cinnamon and vanilla extract, stir and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Can be served whole or pureed. If pureeing, using a blender or hand immersion blender, pulse for 5-10 seconds for a chunky cereal or for 1 minute for a smooth puree. If you are making a smooth puree and the cereal gets too thick, add additional liquid in 1/4 cup increments until you have achieved your desired consistency.
- Let cool slightly, sprinkle with a few chopped strawberries and serve.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode