This fruit salad can be cut up and kept in the refrigerator without going mushy the next day because the pineapple helps to minimize browning. Serve with yogurt or cottage cheese for a more filling snack!
6Makes 6 cups
What you’ll need
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup cantaloupe (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup honeydew melon (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup green grapes (cut in half)
- 1 cup cherries (pitted and cut in half)
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- Fresh mint (about 20-30 leaves)
How to make it
- Mix everything together in a colander and place in the sink for 5-10 minutes to allow any extra juice to flow out.
- If you have a small enough colander that would fit inside a sealed tight container, keep the fruit in that so the extra juice can easily flow out to avoid a mushy salad.
- Keep in the refrigerator and enjoy for about 3-4 days.
- Enjoy alone or add it to yogurt, cottage cheese or even steel cut oatmeal!
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor