This is a tasty twist on meat loaf using ground chicken and cooked in muffin tins. Make a batch in advance and freeze for later use!
What you’ll need
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- ½ cup finely chopped vegetable such as spinach, onion, or carrots.
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except the vegetables and breadcrumbs. Mix the ground chicken, egg, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and ketchup together (Using your hands works best)
- Place chopped vegetables into food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Mix the finely chopped vegetables and breadcrumbs into large bowl with other ingredients.
- Brush the muffin tin with olive oil and make 12 small balls (about the size of an ice cream scoop) and place in each muffin tin hole.
- Place in oven and cook for 35 minutes and the center of each reaches 165°F.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor