An easy, creamy stove top mac & cheese that includes veggies!
What you’ll need
- • 1 cup of canned pureed pumpkin (make sure it’s not pumpkin pie filling!)
- • ½ cup whole milk
- • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if desired)
- • 1 cup cooked whole wheat macaroni
- • ½ cup broccoli florets, steamed and cut into small pieces
- • Pepper to taste
How to make it
- In a blender, combine pumpkin, milk and cheese. Blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed to thin out the sauce to desired consistency
- Combine sauce with pasta, broccoli, and pepper (optional) in a pot over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes until ingredients are combined
- Serve warm.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Anjali from The Picky Eater
Instagram: @ thepickyeater