Everyone loves pizza – and this twist on the classic is sure to be a hit! Get your child excited to try something new by letting her play with her food, using the optional toppings to make fun faces and more.
What you’ll need
- 2 zucchinis
- ½ Tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Optional toppings: Sliced Cherry tomatoes, corn, sliced sweet peppers, pepperoni (sliced into small pieces)
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 325°F.
- Slice zucchini’s into about ¼ inch circles.
- Lightly brush zucchini with olive oil and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let them cool until they can be handled by toddler hands.
- Make your own: add sauce, cheese and any other optional toppings.
- Place back in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Take out and let cool before serving.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor