Is your toddler refusing anything green on his plate? Try these! The crunchiness of these baked dark leafy greens makes this a great kid-friendly way to serve greens.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts leaves (outer leaves)
- 1 cup kale leaves (stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash of garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Makes 4-6 servings
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and remove the outer layer leaves for the chips. You won’t be able to use the inner parts of the sprout for this recipe, save them for a salad for yourself.
- Wash kale, remove the stem and cut (or tear) into small chip size pieces that closely match the size of the Brussel sprout leaves.
- Mix Brussel sprout and kale leaves in a bowl with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Place leaves in a single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10-12 minutes (until crispy).
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and serve!
*Depending on size of baking sheet, the recipe might need to be divided between 2 baking sheets.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor