These egg roll-ups are perfect for babies that are just learning to self-feed. Once rolled, these cheesy eggs are firm enough for baby to hold onto, yet soft enough for baby with or without teeth to eat.
2Makes 2 servings
What you’ll need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon oil or non-stick cooking spray
How to make it
- Pre-heat a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Spray the skillet, or grease with 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Spoon half of the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs, cover the pan, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully slide the flat egg onto a cutting board. Let cool slightly for 1-2 minutes but no more or the egg will be too cool to roll.
- Starting on one side of the egg disc, start rolling the egg as tightly as you can until completely rolled up. Place seam side down and let cool slightly. As it cools, the egg roll-up will hold its shape.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining egg mixture.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode