These snack-able crackers are going to be a big hit with your toddler. With no rolling involved, these whole grain crackers are also a snap to make.
3Makes 3 cups of crackers
What you’ll need
- 6oz or 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or water
How to make it
- In a food processor, place the cheese, butter, flour, and garlic powder and pulse until chunky.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of liquid and turn on the food processor until a dough ball forms. If ball isn’t forming, add another tablespoon of liquid.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour. Roll the dough into a ball and then divide it into 4 balls. With your hands roll each ball into a 1/2-inch rope. Wrap the 4 ropes in saran wrap and place in the freeze for 45-60 minutes or until just hard to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Take out the dough ropes and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place on baking sheet and press a dot in the middle of each cracker with a wooden skewer or a fork.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or just golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, they will continue to crisp up as they cool.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode