An excellent way to serve fish to your toddler – seasoned to perfection and cooked until crispy on the outside yet still tender on the inside. Served with a side of pineapple and avocado chunks and cilantro brown rice for the win.
Makes 2 small and 2 adult servings
What you’ll need
Ingredients for Fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large filets of firm white fish (cod, halibut, grouper or your favorite white fish)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
Ingredients for Pineapple & Avocado Chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
Ingredients for Cilantro Rice
- cups cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
How to make it
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper and rub into the fish with your fingers.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the fish and cook for about 4 minutes on the first side, or until brown. Carefully flip the filets and cook for roughly 2-3 minutes more, or until brown and cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add in the pineapple chunks and avocado and gently toss.
- In another medium bowl, take the warm cooked rice and add in the cilantro. Stir until combined.
- Serve the fish with a side of the rice and a small bowl of the pineapple and avocado chunks.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode