Blending sweet cantaloupe with the slight bitter flavor of beets is a great way to introduce this vegetable to your baby.
4Makes about 4 servings
What you’ll need
- 1 whole cooked red beet
- 2 slices (1 inch thick) fresh cantaloupe
How to make it
- Wash and peel beets and cut into small chunks.
- Place pieces of beets into a steamer pan and steam until tender.
- Place cooked beets and cantaloupe in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add breastmilk or formula until desired consistency (optional).
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor