Move over sandwiches, pinwheels are here! These vegetarian roll-ups are perfect for little hands and great for on-the-go.
What you’ll need
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1/8 cup shredded cheese
Makes 2-4 roll-ups (depending on size of tortillas)
How to make it
- Place black beans, yogurt and spinach into a food processor until mixed well.
- Mix in shredded cheese by hand.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas.
- Roll tortillas up and slice to make “pin wheels”.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Jaime Windrow, RD and Happy Mama Mentor