While this banana bread is great for little hands, this no sugar added, sweet-treat is something the whole family can enjoy!
What you’ll need
- • 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- • 1 flax egg
- • 1/3 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- • 2 tablespoons melted cooled coconut oil
- • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- • 1 1/2 cups white, whole wheat, or oat flour
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch pan with olive oil spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until mostly smooth. Whisk in the flax egg, then the yogurt and oil. Once mixed, whisk in the vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt over the top, then stir until combined. Gently stir in the flour until barely combined.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Anjali from The Picky Eater
Instagram: @ thepickyeater