This take on ratatouille includes several different veggies and quinoa and is a fun way to introduce your baby to spices!
What you’ll need
- 1/2 a small zucchini
- 1/2 a small yellow squash
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, pureed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian spice blend
- 1 tsp olive oil
How to make it
- To puree red pepper, add ½ of a roughly chopped red bell pepper and 1/8 cup water to a blender, or food processor, and blend until smooth. Add more water as needed to get a thick puree consistency.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil, zucchini and squash – sauté 5-10 minutes until soft
- Add in red bell pepper puree and Italian spice blend – sauté another 3-5 minutes until combined
- Serve squash mixture on top of quinoa and top with shredded parmesan cheese
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Anjali from The Picky Eater
Instagram: @ thepickyeater