Organic infant formula & feeding support
Whole Grain Pumpkin Waffle Dippers
- Makes 6 large waffles, 6
What you'll need
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk of choice
How to make it
- Heat a waffle iron on medium.
- Measure out the coconut oil and place in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20 second increments until completely melted. Let cool slightly while you mix the other ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. If your batter is too thick, add more milk in 1/4 cup increments until the batter resembles cake batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of waffle batter onto each waffle mold and cook according to your waffle irons directions.
- Let cool slightly, cut into sticks and serve with a small bowl of plain yogurt or applesauce.
Freezer-Friendly – these waffles are freezer friendly! Simply freeze any leftovers you have and then pop them in the toaster (if left in a full waffle shape) or into the microwave for 30-45 seconds to re-heat.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.