Organic infant formula & feeding support
Southwest black bean stew
What you'll need
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chili powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried oregano
½ cup roasted bell peppers, diced
¼ cup diced tomatoes
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
½ cup corn
½ cup baby spinach, shredded
Pinch of low sodium taco seasoning
- Diced avocado, for topping
- Brown rice or quinoa for serving
- To serve on the side – mini quesadilla strips made with whole grain tortillas + Mexican shredded cheese blend
How to make it
- In a medium pot, add olive oil, garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes and spices. Sauté 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – black beans through taco seasoning and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with diced avocado on top, or brown rice, or with mini quesadilla strips on the side (or all 3!)
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.