Mini Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice and Steamed Broccoli
- Makes 24 meatballs
- Contains: egg
What you'll need
1 pound ground chicken
1 cup sweet potato, shredded
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Pepper to taste
Serve with cauliflower rice and steamed broccoli
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray or line a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, place all of the meatball ingredients. Mix all ingredients with your hands or fork, until well mixed.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, spoon mixture into your hand and roll into a ball. If the mixture is sticking to your hands, wet hands before rolling meatballs.
- Place all meatballs on baking sheet, place in oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown and cooked all the way through (center of meatball will be 165°F when fully cooked).
How to make Cauliflower Rice
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in 1 minced garlic clove and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in 2 cups of riced cauliflower and cook for 6-9 minutes or until the rice is cooked and no longer has any liquid in the pan.
- Optional – add in a pinch of pepper for flavor.
Time saving tip: use the frozen riced cauliflower found in most grocery stores in the frozen foods aisle.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.