Organic infant formula & feeding support
Kale Pesto Chicken Quesadilla
- Makes 4 servings (2 wedges per serving), 4
What you'll need
2 small whole grain tortillas
1 tablespoon kale pesto, store bought or homemade
1/3 cup cooked chicken, finely cubed or shredded
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Homemade Kale Pesto – in a food processor pulse together 1 cup packed down kale, 1 cup packed down basil, 1/2 lemon juiced, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup oil olive, and pepper to taste (optional) until fully combined.
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay the tortillas on a cutting board and spread the pesto onto one side of each tortilla.
- Take one tortilla and sprinkle the chicken and cheese on top. Layer the other tortilla on top, pesto facing down.
- Place tortillas onto the hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly and then cut into 8 wedges.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.