Honey Mustard Chicken Strips
What you’ll need
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into long strips (or 6-8 chicken tenders)
- ½ cup bread crumbs or panko
- Dried or fresh parsley (optional)
Ingredients for Homemade Marinade
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper (optional)
Makes 6-8 servings
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients for marinade in bowl and whisk together.
- Cut/slice desired amount of chicken breasts into strips and place in resealable zipper bag.
- Place marinade into the bag to coat the chicken and place in the refrigerator. (You can prepare this in the morning and cook for dinner.)
- Pour breadcrumbs into a small shallow bowl and dip each marinated chicken strip in the crumbs. Lightly shake off the excess crumbs.
- Place the chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil, and continue baking for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken has evenly browned and is cooked to an internal temperature of 165° F.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.