Ginger Carrot and Sweet Potato Mash + Lean Beef
- Makes 2-4 servings
What you'll need
1 whole carrot
½ cup (or about ½) sweet potato
¼ cup lean ground beef
1 Tbsp water
½ tsp dried ginger
½ tsp lemon juice
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub sweet potato and pierce with fork on all sides.
- Peel carrot and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place both vegetables on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- While the vegetables are baking, heat a skillet over medium heat and add ground beef and 1 Tbsp of water. Stir and break up the meat while cooking. When meat is no longer pink (about 5 minutes), drain and place to the side.
- Place cooked carrot, sweet potato, ground beef into a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Add dried ginger and lemon juice and continue to blend until mixed to a consistency appropriate for baby.
- Option to leave out ground beef for vegetable only dish.
* To adjust this recipe for toddlers, no need to puree, simply serve the ground beef with the cooked veggies cut into bite sized pieces and tossed with lemon and ginger.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.