This recipe takes a family-friendly cheesy pasta and adds peas and yogurt for added protein and fiber. You’ll never make cheesy mac from a box again!
8Makes 4-8 servings
What you’ll need
- 2 Happy Baby Plain Whole Milk Yogurt Cups
- 8 oz macaroni pasta
- 8 oz frozen peas
- 1.5 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 oz gruyere or fontina cheese, shredded
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Add the peas to the pasta water in the last minute of cooking.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining the pasta and peas.
- Return the pasta and peas to pot.
- Add 1/4 cup hot pasta water, yogurt, and 2/3 of the grated cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle remaining grated cheese on top of finished pasta before serving.
If your baby suffers from allergies, check with your pediatrician before trying these recipes.