A tasty green smoothie for baby, with unsaturated fats from the avocado, protein from the yogurt and iron from the spinach. This smoothie can be served as a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack for baby.
2Makes 2, 4-5 oz servings.
What you’ll need
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup spinach, packed
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt, plain
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 2/3 cup liquid (water, breast milk, or prepared formula)
- pinch of chia seeds (optional)
How to make it
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides if needed, until smoothie is completely smooth and creamy. The smoothie should be on the thinner side so it’s easier for baby to drink.
- Pour smoothie into a sippy cup or a cup with straw and serve.
- Can save in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Alternative serving suggestion: If your child is not yet ready for a straw, you could mash the ingredients together in a bowl, leaving out the spinach and water, breastmilk, or formula, and feeding it with a spoon
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.
Michele from BabyFoode