Innovation & Business Development Associate Manager
New York, NY
Happy Family Organics is looking for an Innovation and Business Development Associate Manager to join our marketing team in our New York City office. The Associate Manager will be responsible for leading consumer research, launching new product innovations, and tracking our new product launches and competitive analytics. This role will partner closely with our cross-functional team of food scientists, project managers and ops experts to ensure launch success. As a company founded on creating innovative, organic food products, Happy Family places a lot of importance on our ability to innovate in an agile way across multiple categories. Additionally, the Associate Manager will work on various business development and companywide strategic growth projects. This role will report into our Innovation and Business Development Manager.
- Product Development – help lead the cross-functional team in project management of innovations including packaging, formulation, and design. Focus on Baby & Toddler base business and Special Packs.
- Business Analytics and Competitive Tracking – responsible for monthly competitive analysis and tracking new innovation launches and sharing these out with marketing and sales teams.
- Consumer Research – lead consumer research on strategic initiatives to help define growth opportunities in new and current categories in which we play.
- Innovation Planning – work with the Innovation & Business Development Manager on baby and toddler innovation planning, including analysis of potential categories for expansion.
- Consumer Marketing – while not directly responsible for the marketing plan, the Associate Manager will be an active member of the marketing team and will participate in this creation of marketing strategies.
- Strategic Projects – take on additional strategic projects for Happy Family.
Desired Skills & Experience:
You are enthusiastic about organic food, nutrition and health – and want to learn or deepen your experience in marketing/brand management, innovation and business development. You have extensive experience doing primary and secondary research, have worked in marketing or consulting, and are very detail oriented. You have experience analyzing market opportunities (though not necessarily in CPG) and are very comfortable in Excel. You are a self-starter who can work independently with a moderate level of guidance. You are passionate about our Happy Family mission to change the trajectory of children’s health in the US by partnering with parents from the beginning of their journey and beyond!
- BA required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant marketing, innovation or experience in a consumer goods business
- Experience with project management and managing timelines, operations, and logistics, ideally in a consumer goods business
- Strong in excel modeling, data analytics and powerpoint
- Some experience with Syndicated/POS Data (IRI, Nielsen, SPINs, Amazon etc.)
- A go-getter attitude with a strong work ethic and ability to fully own strategy work and tasks
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to multi-task with varied skill-set and ability to develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
Click here to apply for the Innovation and Business Development Associate Manager role.
Happy Family Organics has been on a mission to change the trajectory of children’s health through nutrition since the company launched on Mother’s Day in 2006. As the largest and fastest growing organic baby food brand in the country, we are constantly innovating to provide families with the best possible products, solutions, and resources for their evolving needs. From day one, we provide organic nutrition and support for your baby’s feeding journey, whether that’s breast or formula feeding all the way through starting solids and picky eating. We thoughtfully craft organic meals and snacks with curated ingredients that are appropriate for each baby, toddler, and kid’s age and stage to help support a lifetime of wellness.
As champions of organic, every product in our line is certified USDA organic, which means our food has no artificial hormones, toxic persistent pesticides or GMOs – just healthy ingredients from earth-friendly organic farms. We know that only a healthy planet can grow healthy food, and are committed to cultivating a sustainable world for little ones today and for future generations. From our WIC-authorized Clearly Crafted Jars to our free online live chat with lactation specialists and registered dietitians, we put babies and parents first, with support for every family. Happy Family Organics is a Certified B Corp™. To learn more, please visit: https://bcorporation.net/directory/happy-family-brands.
Happy Family Organics is owned by Danone, a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. For more information about Danone and Happy Family Organics, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. Danone – Happy Family, is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.