New York, NY
The Happy Family Senior Designer creates solutions for the brand across packaging and marketing needs. They communicate and help visualize for all teams from marketing, digital, sales and more. This designer is excited about innovation and proactive about moving the brand, making sure we are always the leader in the category. Strong typography and graphics skills are a must along with the ability to utilize various programs. The designer is motivated, organized and able to think and execute creatively across all visual assets for packaging, web and print. They are able to translate innovative design with production in mind and understand the needs of each substrate and print method.
- Conceptualize, create sketches, pull inspiration, and present design ideas to the Creative Director and marketing teams
- Work very closely with the rest of the design team to craft and roll out lines across many different mediums
- Often work with printers, stylists and photographers to make our graphics ownable and unique
- Learn our production needs to make sure all designs are printable
- Design packaging and communications concepts, making sure our ownable point of view continues to be a leader among the many competitors in the baby food aisle
- Push creative solutions to new levels and provide unexpected design choices while still respecting the overall brand language, mission and tone
- Be responsible for reviewing samples and proofs sent from the vendor for quality control and perfect execution
- Attend press checks to ensure print quality is consistent across the brand
- Provide general assistance with miscellaneous creative tasks for the greater team
- Focus on evolving the Happy Family visual language, keeping us a leader in the market while holding together all lines: Baby, Tot, Mama & Kid
- Understand that the overall touch points will be Packaging Design, promotional materials, marketing collateral, digital assets, event designs, and presentation materials
- 5+ years experience in packaging design
- Bachelor’s in graphic design or related certificate
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of InDesign and Powerpoint a plus – additional knowledge will be learned
- Experience designing the 360 experience of a brand
- Understanding of the constraints and capabilities of printing
- Basic understanding of the constraints and capabilities of web technologies
- A portfolio that features a strong mix of branding, typographic, & self-initiated work
- Illustration and hand rendering skills a plus
- A self-starter approach and be able to work autonomously
Please send a resume and any additional correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “senior designer” in the email subject line. All submissions that do not include all pieces: cover letter, resume, and portfolio will not be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Happy Family Organics has been on a mission to change the trajectory of children’s health through nutrition since the company launched on Mother’s Day in 2006. As the largest and fastest growing organic baby food brand in the country, we are constantly innovating to provide families with the best possible products, solutions, and resources for their evolving needs. From day one, we provide organic nutrition and support for your baby’s feeding journey, whether that’s breast or formula feeding all the way through starting solids and picky eating. We thoughtfully craft organic meals and snacks with curated ingredients that are appropriate for each baby, toddler, and kid’s age and stage to help support a lifetime of wellness.
As champions of organic, every product in our line is certified USDA organic, which means our food has no artificial hormones, toxic persistent pesticides or GMOs – just healthy ingredients from earth-friendly organic farms. We know that only a healthy planet can grow healthy food, and are committed to cultivating a sustainable world for little ones today and for future generations. From our WIC-authorized Clearly Crafted Jars to our free online live chat with lactation specialists and registered dietitians, we put babies and parents first, with support for every family. Happy Family Organics is a Certified B Corp™. To learn more, please visit: https://bcorporation.net/directory/happy-family-brands.
Happy Family Organics is owned by Danone, a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. For more information about Danone and Happy Family Organics, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. Danone – Happy Family, is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.