Naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, these mini whole grain muffins are the perfect handheld snack for your tot!
24Makes 24 mini-muffins
What you’ll need
- 1 Happy Tot Apple & Pear Whole Milk Yogurt Cup OR 2 Happy Baby Plain Whole Milk Yogurt Cups
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg*
- 1 tablespoon milk or milk alternative 24-cup mini-muffin tin
*If your baby has an egg allergy, replace the egg with 2 to 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Add bananas, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into mini-muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day.
If your baby suffers from allergies, check with your pediatrician before trying these recipes.